National Pharmacy Students‘ Weekend (NPSW)
The next NPSW will take place from 27-29th October 2023 in Basel, Switzerland. The NPSW is always a great opportunity to meet fellow pharmacy students and to look beyond the university’s horizon. Find out more about the NPSW below, as well as on this year’s website and Instagram channel!
We and the organising committee are already more than excited to host you and hope to meet many of you there!
More about the NPSW
What is the NPSW?
NPSW is asep’s biggest annual event. It offers a unique platform for networking and gives you insights into future career paths. It’s a weekend
- that brings together pharmacy students from all over Switzerland: Zurich, Basel, Bern, Geneva, Fribourg, Lausanne and Neuchâtel.
- at which various speakers present and share their profession as pharmacist: the innovator! What services will the pharmacist of tomorrow have to provide and what does their future in society look like?
- that, above all, is an opportunity to learn together. Students from all Swiss universities united, concerned by the same themes, meet to discover the world of pharmacy in a framework that is more human than academic.
- that presents pharmacy as the broad interdisciplinary domain that we sometimes forget it is. We only find out at a late stage what the professional challenges are that we will be exposed to later. It is therefore important for us to become aware of these difficulties.
- that is also an opportunity to meet new people, exchange different opinions and experiences, talk to experts and, last but not least, celebrate together, no matter what university and in what language.
Where does it take place?
The location of this event changes every year: Geneva, Basel, Bern or Zurich. This is an opportunity to come, visit and discover other cantons in good company!
What to expect?
The event normally takes place from Friday to Sunday and follows this or a similar structure:
- Friday: Welcome aperitif for all participants arriving from their cantons.
- Saturday: A day full of interesting symposia with workshops/lectures by experts and representatives from different fields of pharmacy. This also includes personal exchange with them to learn more about the various career paths that you can take as a pharmacist. On the evening, a fantastic gala dinner with delicious food and drinks for a night of partying will wait for you.
- Sunday: The last day consists of asep’s General Assembly and a surprise program with a lot of fun.