National Pharmacy Students‘ Weekend (NPSW)
What is NPSW ?
NPSW is asep’s biggest annual event. It offers a unique platform for “networking” and enables insights into future career paths. It’s a weekend :
- which brings together pharmacy students from all over Switzerland: Geneva, Zurich, Basel, Bern, Fribourg, Lausanne, Neuchâtel
- in which various speakers present and share their profession 🡪 the pharmacist: the innovator! What services will the pharmacist of tomorrow have to provide and what does his future in society look like?
- Above all, it is the opportunity to learn together. Students from all Swiss universities united, concerned by the same themes, meet to discover the world of pharmacy in a framework that is more human than academic.
- Pharmacy is a very broad interdisciplinary domain. We only find out at a late stage what the professional challenges are that we will be exposed to later. It is therefore important for us to become aware of these difficulties.
- It is also an opportunity to meet new people, exchange different opinions and experiences, talk to experts and, last but not least, celebrate together, no matter what university and in what language.
The localisation of this event changes every year : Geneva, Basel, Bern or Zürich. This is an opportunity to come, visit and discover other cantons in good company!
What to expect ?
The event normally takes place from Friday to Sunday :
- Friday : Welcome aperitif for all participants arriving from their cantons.
- Saturday : A day full of interesting symposia with workshops/lectures by experts and representatives from different fields of pharmacy. This also includes personal exchange with them to learn more about the various career paths that you can take as a pharmacist. On the evening, a fantastic gala dinner with delicious food and drinks for a night of partying will wait for you.
- Sunday : The last day consists of a surprise program with fun in the foreground