European Pharmaceutical Students’ Association
“bringing pharmacy knowledge and students together”
EPSA is an umbrella organisation of all European Pharmaceutical Students’ Associations, representing more than 160,000 students in 37 European countries. – www.epsa-online.org
Every member organisation has a Liason Secretary (LS) to EPSA who represents the national organisation online throughout the year and in person as Offical Delgate (OD) at the EPSA General Assemblies (GA), and inversely represents EPSA activities in the national organisation.
Main EPSA events
– The Annual Reception (AR) is held every late February/early March in the European Parliament in Brussels. It is a presentation of EPSA’s activities and achievements to external bodies followed by panel discussion on a hot topic.
– The Annual Congress (AC) is organised in April as a week full of GA sessions, symposia, workshops and theme parties.
– The Summer University (SU) is a week in July with educational and social programme.
– The Autumn Assembly (AA) is the counterpart to the AC and held in November.
– TWINNET is a team mobility programme that aims to enhance the exchanges among EPSA members allowing the transfer of culture, knowledge and experiences.
– The Individual Mobility Project (IMP) gives the opportunity to students in their late years of studies and recent-graduates of pharmacy or pharmaceutical sciences from members of EPSA to gain an additional real-time working and researching experience between 3 and 12 months in any field of pharmaceutical profession before they fully engage themselves into the professional life. It is managed by the National IMP coordinator (NIMP). – www.epsa-online.org/individual-mobility-project
International Pharmacy Students’ Federation
“students today, pharmacists tomorrow”
The International Pharmaceutical Students’ Federation (IPSF) was founded in 1949 by eight pharmacy student associations in London, United Kingdom. The Federation now represents approximately 350,000 pharmacy students and recent graduates in 80 countries worldwide. IPSF is the leading international advocacy organisation for pharmacy and pharmaceutical science students. We promote improved public health through the provision of information, education, and networking opportunities as well as a range of publications and professional activities. – www.ipsf.org
The Contact Person (CP) has a similar role to IPSF as the LS to EPSA.
Main IPSF events
– The Student Exchange Programme (SEP) is IPSF’s largest project, offering professional pharmacy internships. Every year, more than 900 students around the world are given the opportunity to experience pharmacy practice in more than 60 different countries. It is managed by the Students Exchange Officer (SEO). – www.ipsf.org/student-exchange-programme
– The World Congress (WC) is annually held for ten days in the beginning of August. Its core is the General Assembly.
– IPSF is organized like WHO in five regional offices. 2018 is the first year with a Regional Symposium (RS) of the European Regional Office (EuRO).
– After a Trainers Development Camp (TDC), you will be able to deliver quality training programmes for soft skills development of pharmacy students as an IPSF trainer.
– The World Health Assembly (WHA) is the decision making body of WHO. IPSF represents the voice of pharmacy students with a delegation. – WHA
Get in touch with IPSF
– IPSF on Facebook
– IPSF on Twitter
– Contact our IPSF CP firstname.lastname@example.org or IPSF SEO email@example.com